Wednesday, January 18, 2017

January 9, 2017



HERRO FAMIRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
T and S will be flying in on the 29th of June and leaving on the 26th of July which i think is exactly 4 weeks. Because they already have the tickets and everything worked out, if they had to change it now they would have to pay a very costly fee. 

Also i think my return day got moved up one week to the 24th of may, which is about 5 weeks before they would be coming in. I've started to think a little bit about life when i'm back. I think i'll want to find a job that summer probably but i don't know for sure what i want to do. Do you have any ideas? I hope to be able to find a time to visit Amy in the summer as well. And then as far as school what's the deal with classes? 
The work is going well. Probably the most impactful thing of the week was an exchange that i went on with an Elder. He told me of when he was in high school senior year in the state volleyball championships. He said they went down 2 sets to none and he (at the time being the captain) took his team behind the bleachers where no one could see them and had this big pump up speech. Essentially, he reminded them that this was it!  After this there was nothing else. He got them pumped up to give it their all and in the end they won the 3rd set. They went on to lose the 4th set, but he said he played some of the best volleyball that he'd ever played. He told me "and you know when i was finished i wasn't disappointed, i knew i had given it my all." I think at this point of my mission i've hit the 3rd set. I know after the mission there will still be opportunities to share the gospel but the short time i have to be a missionary is getting smaller and smaller. I hope this last stretch i can continue to give it my all so at the end, even if i haven't baptized the whole island or accomplished everything I originally had hoped to accomplish, i can look back on my time with no regrets and be happy and prepared to take on the next chapter.

Other random things from the week. 1)I had monte cristo's for the first time, courtesy of Elder Thomas. 2) We had MLC and ZTM, which both went well. 3) J will not be getting baptized before she goes to Denmark for 6 months 4) Steven's bday was this week, i got him a football. 5) Alan wore his new shirt and tie to church this week and looked great. This week he told us how he shared, and I quote, "the restoration of the gospel and the plan of salvation" with his friends. He's gonna make a great missionary.

In our zone we have a goal to read the Book of Mormon with a question in mind over the next month, to have finished by the end of february. Takes about 10 pages a day to do it. Maybe you can do it with us.

Love y'all, have a great week!
Elder Nelson 



Mission December 2016

                                                       T, S, E. Nelson, E. Thomas
                                                               S's Bday

No comments:

Post a Comment