Monday, September 21, 2015

09/21/2015 Week of Ahong Qiu Jie Mid Autumn Festival

HERROOOOOOOOO FAMIRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST MOMMY EVERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! 42nd anniversary of your 20th birthday wahoo!!!!!! I hope you had a good day! Sorry my present was so lame, but at least I was able to get something over there and it had chocolate in it haha. Hopefully smeagol hasn't peaked at his yet ;) Speaking of your salmon dinner, I tried to get a salmon dinner at this local place to try to give me a little reminder of Sunday dinner's back home but you couldn't even taste it through all of the seasoning they had on there. Oh well.

Ironically enough, I actually got the package you sent me on your birthday! haha so i was opening the package from you guys to celebrate your bday as well. And let me just say it was like Christmas! haha i was so happy. The pictures and notes are awesome. That pic from phil and mish with me and tinks is the cutest thing ever! I miss that little man. The frame is now sitting on my desk back in the apartment. Oh and the food was much appreciated as well :)

That's so crazy that mitchell is through with his mission. It seems like just yesterday he went in but it also felt like forever ago...the time warp on the mission is real.

Phillus bringin in the sales yes! Is he liking the job?

Hope Amy's talk went well..she's the epitome of charity so it shouldn't have been hard to come up with something to talk about.

Yeah i remember when they cut down psychology into half a year it became super obnoxious. Like tons of stuff to memorize and not sure if the teacher is the best. Luckily he's got a phD who can help him. Also lol at the oranges.

Pops you gotta go to the y more often!! Once every 2 months is not healthy! Although tbh you're probably in better shape than i am haha 30 minutes in the morning is not enough time to exercise.

The bike I have right now is okay enough. If it becomes a concern i'll be sure to get a new one I just don't want to have other people doing so much for me!

Ouch about the ironing board. You need to be carefullllllll

Ooooo Pearl of Great Price. N-space for sure.

My comp will be going home at the end of November. Buttt odds are is that at the end of this move call (in 3 weeks) he'll be moving areas. Then I'll have my second comp here for a movecall before i move somewhere else. That's just what people say happens most often.

Yeah it was super fun to see my MTC buddies! Also kinda weird though...i feel like the MTC was so long ago. Like I've already been in the field for longer than i was in the MTC if you can imagine that..

How are the flowers coming??

As far as what's going on on this end...hmmm i feel like it's so hard to know what to tell you guys. I have now officially made Pizza Friday's a thing here which has been great. If you get the hawaiian pizza it's decently american tasting. This week we also had interviews with the mission president, where we go to the stake center about 30 minutes away and they see how we're doing/if we have any particular needs or concerns. I really didn't have any, but he encouraged me to write down my mission visions, goals, and plans as well as for the rest of my life. Soo this last Sunday I was thinking about where I want to be when I get home from my mission, in the next few years after that. I think it's a good thing to do every so often, to evaluate how you want to improve etc. It helped clear my head at least.

So coming up here in Taiwan is this big holiday called zhong qiu jie ( Mid autumn festival ). Everyone holds "barbecues"  and eats these moon cakes and blows off fireworks. This last Saturday was the first barbecue of apparently many to come in the next week or so. I add quotations because it's not like an American barbecue. First, they cook so much meat I swear it's against the word of wisdom. Like plates and plates of sausages, chicken wings, chicken legs, pork, beef, shrimp, squid, these things called sweet not spicy, etc etc. And if you don't eat their meat they are not happy campers. There was also bread and drinks and lotsss of moon cakes. I swear I've never eaten so much meat in my life. At the end it didn't even taste good but we had to keep eating it. I'm still recovering now..I asked them how this compared to how much they celebrate at the chinese new year and they laughed, saying it was nowhere close...Can't wait lol

We're continuing to work with Anna and Kelly but they're not on the verge of getting baptized or anything. Still have a lot to learn. Butt this week we were also able to find a couple of really cool new guys, one of which we were able to set a baptismal goal for so that's awesome. The other guy is a Mavs fan though so there will need to be some correction there.

This week I was reading the story of the brother of Jared. One thing I noticed this time that I had not noticed before was that the brother of Jared did not see the finger of the Lord on the first stone. Rather, evidences of the Lord's finger confirmed his faith again and again until his faith grew into a perfect knowledge. I feel like it's similar in our lives. Sometime, the hand of the Lord may not be so apparent, or we don't understand why one thing or another is happening. But as we continue to exercise our faith, we will be able to see evidences of the Lord in our own lives until our faith can one day grow into a perfect knowledge.

Anyways, I love and miss you guys a ton and am so grateful for your prayers and support! I hope you have a great week!

Elder Nelson

Nizhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment